You win some, You lose some

Monday, March 28, 2011

Welcome to the World

A few years ago, we’ll say 23, two baby girls were born on March 25 & March 28 consecutively that would forever change mine and a lot of other people’s lives. Thanks to these two, I didn’t eat my lunch alone in the bathroom during elementary and middle school, and I still have people to hang out with (sometimes) when I re-visit my hometown of Texarkana. The first of which is Cara Rochelle, daughter of Cary and Suzanne Rochelle, and an avid Arkansas Razorback who still secretly loves the Longhorns.
My apologies for the bunny ears, I've always been one for the jokes...
Cara CACKA Marie Rochelle (SHOUT OUT), born March 25, 1988, was my first friend that I first met for the first time in the first grade. I wrote her a note that said thanks for the above statement. She kept said note for something like 15 years and then lost it one day out of the blue. Tragic. That treasure is probably gone forever trampled somewhere in the mass chaos of her overly colorful room. Anyways Cara is one of a kind. She has the curliest hair ever that has the possibility of getting even SOUP AT HAND cans stuck in there… is it funny this time? She picked up the name Mama Care sometime throughout our life together mostly because she keeps the rest of us from making horrible life destroying decisions (sometimes). Although she definitely knows what it means to PARTAYY. (Insert her drunk kick as pictured below.)Cacka is one of the funniest people that I know, and sends the best text messages of all time, equipped with pictures that she finds from God knows where. For example:And for that, I respect her--even if it causes a laughter outburst in the middle of my bible study. She LOVES KAYAKING especially when the water is so shallow that you have to scoot across the river rocks relentlessly. She throws the biggest Christmas party of the year every winter that I have never missed until last year when my family drug me to stand in line for 4 hours to see massive ice sculptures. Anyways Cara is the best most loyal friend to anyone and everyone, as she doesn’t hold grudges and can juggle keeping in touch with all of her 23908572 BFFs. All of the above makes her LEGIT.
Also, Cara is currently enrolled in PA school because she’s a STUD,and although she may or may not have allegedly killed a simulated patient-(due ONLY that biznatch of a professor), I would absolutely trust her with my future kids’ health. And if that isn’t enough, she can do a CHER impersonation better than anyone on God’s green earth.

So, on March 25, Cara celebrated 23 years of living, but it was me that was actually the one who should have been celebrating. Celebrating because Cara has been my friend for approx 18 of those 23 years and has never let me down. She deserves a party to be thrown in honor of her birth. And that party should include me in Galveston on the beach with Cara herself singing “Happi Burrday Bia” in her newly acquired Mexi/Black/Galvy lingo and re-living the glory days with a margarita. Hats off to you Cacka. You truly make my life better.
Pictured above with Cacka is our other BFF friend Em, whom we dearly love.

3 days later (TODAY) the world was changed yet again. On March 28, 1988 the world became more fashionable, more blunt, more inclined to its dedication to the Texas Longhorns, more willing to honk at people who make mistakes on the road, more willing to use spray tans, and more awesome in general.

Beef’s birthday should always be celebrated with leopard print and pink, and a crown of some sort placed on its rightful owner’s head. There should be many shout outs recognizing her new age, and minimal alcohol. I would give just about anything to do dinner and 6th street in the great city of Austin alongside my always perfectly dressed HBF.

Other ways of celebrating in the past have included (but are not limited to) hiking, a joint b-day party at Northridge Country Club, an Elvis Presley impersonator, a video scavenger hunt, mattress sliding down the staircase, & karaoke to Celine Dion.
Beef’s birthday should NOT be celebrated with each of us in a different state. But as it stands, this is the fate of 21+2.

23 years ago Bill and Terr1For welcomed the Queen of Teen herself into the world. They got a daughter. Dustin got a fiancé. I got a home best friend. Talk about a win-win situation, and for that there should be confetti. And cupcakes. Praise Jesus for that blissful March morning, and I am going to honk my car horn just for the heck of it in honor of this day.

Please see 10 more reasons that I love BEEF in her own SHOUT OUT post > CLICK HERE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIAS! You both are dearly loved.

No comments: