You win some, You lose some

Monday, February 28, 2011

BEEFO LATEX

Ten things/facts to know about Beef (SHOUT OUT)

1. Beef graduated before everyone else in our group of friends, and has a baller job in alcohol sales. Both of which are ironic because: 1) In high school she complained that she “hoped to make an A” and co-coined the phrase “stupid math”…but then ended up changing her hair from blonde to brown and schooling us all in our educations after graduating EARLY from UT, and 2) irony also lies in the fact that she was one of the 1% of high-school students that abstained from alcohol consumption and now gets paid the big bucks to drink.

2. Beef genuinely is concerned for her friends, like when they don’t get enough sleep or have 1 hour left to graduate and contemplate just not completing it….eh. She WILL call and remind you on a weekly basis to complete the course and inform you that you are being ridiculous and lazy if you don’t. Thanks to her I am now an actual graduate of Texas A&M University—which she supports regardless of the rivalry.

3. Beef NEVER fails to send a card whenever something big happens in your life. (One of my favorite characteristics.) She also gives really good gifts, like the elephant journal she just sent me in the mail as a congratulatory of my new job.

4. Beef is a soon to be bride. And somehow she agreed to let me stand next to her on the most important day of her life as she says “I do” to her best friend, Dustin. As honored as I am, I assume that praying that I do not trip and fall in the heels that she is forcing me to wear will be in the top 5 on the ‘could ruin the wedding’ list. I am already praying for coordination and balance. No doubt her wedding will probably grace the cover of a big shot magazine because it’s going to be perfect. So blessed to be a part of it…and CANT WAIT.

5. Beef’s hair is stripper long. And still looks healthy—none of that old blush brush shiZ.

6. Beef has better fashion sense than anyone that I know, and often has to help me out in my frequent fashion crises, which is a daunting task if you know how much fashion sense I have. Which is none. (Along these lines, you should know that she asked to borrow my clothes for a sociology project in 10th grade where she was asked to dress the opposite of how you would normally dress and wear something to school that you would never wear in real life. She wore my infamous sweat pants…..that I still wear…)

7. Beef is honest and blunt, and does NOT put up with sketchy behind the scenes behavior—I should know, thank you to my senior year of high school. I think she also coined the term ‘sketch’ which is now used worldwide, so she might as well be famous. She will be straight up with you from the beginning and will absolutely not shade out on you. She is dependable, and loyal to the end.

8. Beef makes the list of top 5 funniest people that I know. She can make me laugh so hard, and when we are together it’s a 100% guarantee for non-stop laughter. Especially XMAS BREAK 2009—will anything ever top it? *Also gracing that list are Ember Callaway, Tiffany Chillion, Brent Bunch, and Savannah Rowland.

9. Beef really listens to me, and sometimes takes advice from me, regardless if it is good or bad advice. Some examples are: the time I convinced her parents to let her get her ears pierced (GOOD), and the time I told her to get a weenie dog (BAD)—oops, we have FIVE in our family. Or there was the time I convinced her to turn off all the lights and stop the fan before I agreed to get out of bed in the mornings (BAD/selfish). Or the time I told her she should move to Colorado (GOOD)---still pending on the answer.

10. Beef is my home best friend and basically adopted me into her family for all of middle school; I like to think I am still a part of it along with our other adopted sisters, Cara Rochelle and Emily Middleton. We have known each other since 3rd grade when she was the first one to wear a bra and I still sometimes forget to this day. I lived at her house and we stayed up all night talking and laughing. She used to be up at the crack of dawn to “WASH HER FACE” and ‘shave pits’-(second time to publicly embarrass her), but she is now one to sleep later than even me. (things change) Beef is reliable and always there for me. She is obviously like one of the prettiest people ever and is going to have pretty and perfect babies to whom I will be a Godmother, since it’s going to be a while until I have kiddos of my own. She is the greatest and I cannot be thankful enough that God introduced us while I was wearing a speedo one piece bathing suit and a pink snap belt, and she had on the green and yellow waves and the haley fomby cut. GOD IS GOOD and knew that it would be an alliance from that day forward which would last through thick and thin.

Let the memories begin:

3rd grade trip to Beavers Bend: crawfish hunting!


Braces and bowl cut in the 4th grade...cant wait for all the crap Beef will give me for this little treasure.


FOLLIES! Beef in dark purple, me in light purple. and GO GO boots, no doubt. (*Note: we were featured in the Texarkana Gazette for our performance, and everyone was supposed to bring their sequined skirt and have their hair fixed and make up on on the day of the photo shoot/interview. I forgot my sequined skirt, had my hair in a messy bun and didnt own make up. Hell, I probably hadnt even brushed my teeth. I distinctly remember Beef letting me know that my hair looked jank.) Clearly some things dont change. Although I seemed to have pulled it together for the actual performance--my hair looks curled.


PROM 2006...look at my arm compared to hers. Also check out the BLONDE.


Beefs wall of fame in the backgroud....Queen of Teen.


Freshman year of college before I knew what eyebrow waxing was.


ACL 2009


OMG LAKEVIEW. Hardest I have ever laughed in my LIFE in the bathroom with no lights. And the lady that resembled "gayle" in her bedazzled cowgirl outfit.


And the all time greatest picture of Beef and I. That is, until NYE 2011.



It’s been a good 15 years of knowing you, Beef. Couldn’t love you any more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad I can make you laugh, and very pleased to be mentioned in a post titled "beefo latex"