You win some, You lose some

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Outrageously Blessed

I cant remember the last time that I was consciously as content and happy as I am right now. The Lord has so extravagantly blessed my life that I don't even know how to respond outside of utter and breathtaking awe. Let me explain.

I moved to Colorado on my own, although I tried to convince many of my friends to come wih....no one accepted the invitation.

The Lord ALONE has provided, ordained, given me a full time job. I actually love my job. I never thought that I would say that I love a 9-5 job, but in all honesty, I love it. I like going, I love the work that I do, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the people that I work with. My boss is amazing and hangs out with me like I am a friend, and she is amazing. I am so excited to work underneath her direction. I honestly love what I am doing and it as close to a dream job as I could possibly get. I am genuinely happy at my job from 9-5 on weekdays.

The Lord has provided FRIENDS. I love my Denver friends, although they are much different than Texas friends. Nobody can replace Megan, Becca, and Rita, but Blair, Alex, Sydni, Claire and Lana do a great job of complementing them. I genuinely ADORE the people that I call my best friends. Blair is a College Station native living in Colorado and the Lord has been so sovereign in introducing that friendship. Something kind of like the provision I saw in my friendship with Savannah, except by the grace of GOD, Blair lives in the same town as me. Tonight we watched Modern Family and baked cookies. It was a blast.

I honestly cannot think of a time where I was consciously more happy than I am right now. I love my life. I love my friends, both old and new. I love talking to Becca on my way home from work, and having hour long catch up sessions with Megan. I love getting surprise packages with gifts that speak to my heart from Beef and Cara. I love planning the rest of our lives with my sister. Oh how true it is that the Lord gives and the Lord takes away, but in this season of giving....I am taking advantage of the near constant joy that I wake up to every morning.

I love my life. And I love the God that designed it.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I'm glad you love your job! You sound so happy. You have such a great attitude. Keep it up. So proud of you!