You win some, You lose some

Thursday, February 17, 2011

5 Things

5 Things that I like:
1 TiVo/DVR.
2 New car smell or even just a good car wash. (Not performed by me)
3 Avocados on my sandwich.
4 Having a job that I dont hate going to every day.
5 CHI hair straighteners.

5 Things that I don't like:
1 Waiting on or for anyone/anything for more than 10 seconds.
2 Gasping for air (I.E. running....or even brisk walking in this altitude).
3 The iphone & the fact that you cannot: 1. respond to a group text without sending a personalized text to everyone included in the original message, and 2. the fact that it does not recognize "hell" and changes it to "he'll" every. single. effing. time. Hell is real, IPHONE.
4 AT&T and its curse on Colorado phone service.
5 Traffic. In general. It never fails to grieve me and shock me that I am in standstill between the hours of 5-7 EVERY NIGHT....which usually leads to a long strand of curse words. Which then leads to a long conversation with the Lord Jesus Christ trying to explain why I have such a potty mouth/mind. I think he understands and may or may not be just as frustrated with traffic as I am. (I submit that it is part of the fall).

5 Things that make me laugh:
1 Megan's blocked group on facebook chat entitled "Chat Happy Morons". SO. TRUE.
2 Alicia potentially naming her first son Justin Beaver.

3 Youtube.

4 Texts from Cara Rochelle.

5 Home videos.

5 Things that make me cry:
1 That Mark Harris song, "Find your Wings".
2 Losing State Championships in High School Athletics, but you know, you cant win em all. I know that for a fact because I played freshman year basketball on a team that once lost 94-14.
3 Cats in costumes….makes me so furious that it brings tears.
4 The “Spirit of Aggieland” promo video that plays before football games. I usually wear sunglasses though to avoid embarrassment. OBVIOUSLY.

5 When I get overly frustrated, or over heated. SO basically any time that I try and run and realize I am slow and no longer athletic. *See also, #3 on things I don’t like. Needed to really drive this one home.

BONUS: Terrorism

5 People that I respect:
1 Ty Burris (Phil Dunphy).
2 Any Texas A&M graduate (WHOOP!).
3 The Mumford and Sons band members.
4 Anyone who maintains a constant work out schedule.
5 Lady Gaga................okay her stuff is catchy, get off my back.


5 People that I do not respect:
1 Barack Obama. Dont. Get. Me. Started.
2 Anyone affiliated with the television show "Jersey Shore"
3 My 8th grade health teacher. Who doubled as my Home Ec Teacher. First she made us sew. Second she did not allow chatter while we sewed (we made stuffed animals). No talking while sewing in 8th grade?…..Satan’s daughter I tell you. *She also made me over-stuff the elephant that I sewed, promising me that it would get softer with time/wear/tear. Well the elephant is still hard as a damn rock, thanks but no thanks to Ms. Hargis. Not going to get any cuddling in with that piece of crap.
4 The guy in the red Honda Civic today on I-25 who was clearly PMS-ing....you know who you are.
5 Anyone wearing anything bedazzled.


5 Things that I enjoy doing:

1 Sitting at Coffee shops (not to exceed 3 hours).

2 Watching TV shows that include but are not limited to Modern Family, Criminal Minds, Gossip Girl, 90210, Greys Anatomy, House, The Bachelor, &The Office.

3 Wedding planning with Beef and living vicariously through her love life.

4 Outdoor activities when and ONLY IF the temperature is equal to or above 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Otherwise I deem it “cold as shiZ” outside and try and avoid all contact with the outdoors.

5 Using rap lyrics in every day conversation with Blair.


5 Things that I do not enjoy doing:

1 Dressing up or putting on make up…any time, any where.

2 Finding zits on my face…like I am a pubescent teenager or something. I am 22, when does it END?

3 Cleaning the bathroom, my car, my closet, my room, any room, dishes, laundry, etc.

4 Watching concerts on DVD. COP OUT.

5 Abstaining from artificial sweeteners. Splenda makes things better.


5 Things that I am excited about:

1 The apocalypse/return of JC Himself. *CUE bridge diagram. Thanks Joe White.

2 My littlest sister coming to stay with me for a week and me trying to get out of as much work as possible during the time that she is here. Also convincing her that Denver is the place 2 B.

3 Taking a hip hop class. Auditioning for Step Up 4.

4 Any and all upcoming trips to Target.

5 The weather in Denver staying in the positives for another week. If that is not proof that there is a God, then I don’t know what is.


5 Things that I am not excited about:

1 The day I decide that its absolutely necessary for me to start working out again on a regular basis. It’s coming. I fear that day. My knees do too.

2 The day it gets too hot to consume chai tea lattes. (Luckily Colorado supports my addiction for longer than Texas).

3 The Bachelor Finale. …Which means the season is over, and then my Mondays will be filled with emptiness instead of with knee slapping, tear filled laughter.

4 Another summer at Kanakuk that I will be unable to attend.

5 My alarm clock going off at an ungodly hour tomorrow morning.


Be cool, stay in school.

No comments: