You win some, You lose some

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Becca & Other Things

Today feels like a good day to blog. And so today, I would like to take some time to honor another (best) friend, Becca Feagin (SHOUT OUT).

Becca probably thinks blogs are silly and will probably never read this SHOUT OUT. But I think she deserves her own post regardless. Touche, my tiny friend.


Becca rollerblades to the Sonic Drive-Thru and gets a large water, extra lemons, and Sweet N Low, which she learned from me. Until I learned that artificial sweeteners are going to kill me. Now I just go straight for the Cherry Limeade.


Becca is the most confident person I know. Rightfully so.

Becca wrote me the best email today in response to the tear-filled vent session I had with her. She told me a lot of things I didn’t want to hear. And she said those things very bluntly. I even cried when I read her email. She was so harsh. And so RIGHT. I hate it when Becca is right…which she often is. That’s okay though, because she hates when I am right too. Which is also often.


Becca is the only person who could turn my ‘off and on’ crying episodes today into laughter. She is the only person who understands when I am miserable.


Becca is the most driven person I know.


Becca is the most honest person I know.


Becca is the most genuine & authentic person I know.


Becca loves the Lord harder than anyone that I have ever met.


Becca is faithful to call me out on sin. She quotes Beth Moore to me, and I cant argue with Beth Moore.


Becca runs forever and doesn’t get tired.


Becca likes to dance. She has a signature move which I stole from her and now use at various dance parties.


Becca is funny. And fun.


Becca pisses me off and can make me madder than most anyone. It's because she knows me too well.


Becca is the most spontaneous person I know.

Becca is my best friend. The one friend I have who when she says “I understand” I know that she really does.


Anyways, thanks to you Becca for being “my person” when no one ever understands…which is constantly. Thanks for keeping it real. Thanks for trying not to complain at how cold you are all the time knowing that my response will be the same every time. Thanks for telling me to shut up when I need to shut up and calling me out on my (all the time) lies. Thanks for validating and affirming me but still speaking truth. Thanks for not ever comparing us in sports knowing that you'd win and I cant handle losing. Thanks for not being girly. Thanks for making me more spontaneous that I really am. Thanks for letting me spill my guts to you and loving me the same. Thanks for visiting me in Colorado and for supporting me when I want to move across the country. Thanks for making me feel like I am loved. Thanks for speaking truth into my life. Thanks for running so fast. Thanks for always rocking the side ponytail...even to church. Thanks for letting me rationalize everything, but not with the big things that actually matter. Thanks for your brutal honesty (too much sometimes). Thanks for destroying my journal if I die sometime in the next 20 years. Thanks for being my bffaeaeaea. Thanks for not abbreviating sentences when you are around me because I dont understand jokes like "yolo" and I have to ask others for clarification. Thanks for not liking my sister better than me. Thanks for wearing sweats so often and not forcing me to dress up EVER. Thanks for knowing all the words to most rap songs. Thanks for teaching me how to pop my jeans. Thanks for not attending career fairs. Thanks for sitting with me for the 15 minutes before oceanography every day last year. Thanks for letting me stay the night whenever I want....on the couch. Thanks for lying for me...and to me. Thanks for basically everything.


In all honestly, I am so blessed by you and so incredibly thankful for your role in my life. I would not be who I am or where I am without your amazing accountability. You taught me what it means to be a REAL friend. I can never express enough gratitude to the God who made you exactly as you are.



In other news:


The bachelor never fails to amaze me. Best quote from last week “We are losing the sun, but we are gaining the moon.” If that isn’t poetry, then I don’t know what is.


I love Justin Bieber. I don’t want him to ever hit puberty. NEVER SAY NEVER.


Griffin House is my newest music obsession. I like them alot.


I will not stop raging anytime soon about the dream that I had last night which almost sent me over the edge this morning. Thanks to Becca, Brittney, and Meg I am now not as close to the edge.


I miss my Texas friends ALOT, but not so much Texas.


I want to snowboard every weekend, all weekend for the rest of my life.


It is unhealthy how much I watch Criminal Minds. I love Shemar Moore. Blair thinks I am a sicko for loving a show about serial killers. I dont care what Blair thinks.


I need to give up Starbucks. I am struggling with co-dependency on chai tea lattes.


I need to form a co-dependency on working out. LONG SHOT.


WELP. Its time for Modern Family and MODFAM waits for no one. So I am off to spend time with Phil Dunphy, whom I am secretly madly in love with. Peace out girl scouts.

No comments: