You win some, You lose some

Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful Day 13 & 14

November 13: Sharpie Pens
Sharpie pens are the greatest pens…ever. Whoever created them is a modern day Albert Einstein. They do not smudge, they do not bleed. They slide across paper with the grace of a ballerina. Conclusion: sharpie pens are far superior pens to all others. “*And this is not a statement of opinion; it’s a fact. Any suggestions contrary to that statement will not be entertained. If you disagree, I’m sorry. You have been using an inferior pen for most of your life and are (clearly) confused.” I will pray for you.

As a person who suffers from handwriting mistake phobia, I can tell you that if you are using something other than a sharpie pen, you might be seriously disturbed. Everything looks better in Sharpie pen. Notes, invitations, your name. I cannot even imagine why you would even consider using something different. I DO think that the next invention will be erasable Sharpie pens, but one step at a time people! In the meantime, please dispose of all of the pens that you own if they do not display the world “SHARPIE” down the side.

As for me, whether it’s writing down my schedule for work, or making a to-do list (sometimes adding things I have already done to said list JUST so I can cross it off), creating a bucket list, tattooing my wrist, or taking sermon notes…you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be using a Sharpie pen.

Because I only use elite writing utensils. And because I am a winner. And winners use Sharpies.

*Quoted from my favorite blog on the planet, SCL.


November 14: Photo editing capabilities
Well God and everyone knows this is true. Back in the stone ages, you took a picture and you printed it…that was it. Game over. Yea, you look like crap but there is nothing you can do about it. You MAYBE had the option of doing B&W which always makes you look at least a little better, but otherwise you were pretty much forced to keep hard copy memories of how you actually looked. Zits and all. But NOT ANYMORE! We now have Instagram ( and iPhoto and Photoshop and 500 other ways to make ourselves look better than we actually look. Miracles do happen.

So now, not only can I make myself skinny and tan with stark white teeth, I also can increase the contrast or brighten the picture or change it to “antique settings” just to make it look like it was taken 50 years ago. And I don’t know about you, but I am thankful for that. Because it’s very rare that a photo is captured of me that can stand alone without “touching up”.

In honor of the miracle of photo editing, I will share with you my most recent photo edited adventures:











No comments: