You win some, You lose some

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Altitude Makes Your Lungs Explode

Greetings from Eagle Rock!! Its safe to say that I LOVE IT HERE. The scenery is beautiful, and having class outside is fabulous! Our time of worship yesterday was just being out in nature and speaking the Psalms out loud as a group. We took turns reading excerpts from Davids heart and just basked in the glory of God's Word. It was pretty cool. We have the option of sleeping in little lodges or sleeping outside under the stars on mats or in hammocks--which is clearly my preference, although the temperature has made that decision a little harder. Its chilly up here at 9,000 feet. Here is a glimpse of our backyard for the next two weeks:



Last night, we took a little hike down to the pond. On the way we picked flowers, and took a few pictures, imitating Christian Album Covers...calling ourselves "Grace Point: The Kelsea Leacox Band" Here are some of the winners: Beatles anyone?




And my personal favorite:

Yeah that is definitely the winner.

Last night we also played a game of pick up 4 on 4 basketball: girls vs. boys. Ask me who won? Duh we did. We killed them. They have a rematch planned for tonight, which will just basically be a repeat of the slaughter that went down last night.

Anyways, in regard to the title of this post, I kid you not when I say that I get winded just walking to the bathroom. I literally cannot catch my breath like 60% of the time. Its awesome....kind of. It also sucks kind of. But its totally worth it.

This week we are learning about "Relationships" First with God, then with others. They started talking about having a correct view of yourself being important in any relationship, which I totally agree with. I was having a heart to heart with Hannah, and out of no where the Holy Spirit said through me: "If you believe that God is God and that He is without a shadow of a doubt WHO He says He is, then you have to believe that YOU ARE WHO HE SAYS YOU ARE. Which is holy and dearly beloved. If you think anything else about yourself, you are calling God a liar or telling Him that He messed up which would rob him from being God." Me and Banana just looked at each other and were like...that was profound. I dont even know where it came from....well yes I do..the Holy Spirit. But how true huh? Also this morning, during the talk about the relationship with God, our speaker quoted 'The Shack' to which my response was a mild freak out! My favorite quote from that book...or at least top 5:

"The problem is that many people try to grasp some sense of who I am by taking the best version of themselves, projecting that to the nth degree, factoring in all the goodness they can perceive, which often isn’t much, and then call that God. And while it may seem like a noble effort, it falls pitifully short of who I really am. I’m not merely the best version of you that you can think of. I am far more than that, above and beyond all that you can ask or think."

Note to self: stop putting God in a box. He is bigger and better than anything I could ever ask or imagine. Let Him wow me.

Anyways things are good here, and I am loving the lack of technology. I have no cell phone here, and Sarah and I are on a Facebook Fast, a hiatus of some sort because we are sick of it owning us. So we spend our free time playing outside instead and it ROCKS. For the rest of the week our schedule is as follows: we have an all day hike to the top of Eagle Rock planned, a mountain biking trip, a lake swim, Saturday is our wakeboarding trip, and we are going rock climbing! Sounds like a sweet week to me.

The first question our speaker asked us this week was: "What is something that you REALLY want?" My answer immediately popped out of my mouth before he asked us to vocalize it, but I just blurted out "I want a life of adventure, where Christ can use me however He wants and I won't ever get bored." My team laughed, knowing me and the absolute honesty behind that statement, but that really is what I want. I also said that I would like someone to do it with me. Maybe a husband, or a friend. He told me God was already doing it with me. Thats legit. I realized that I really do feel like I am getting adventure here, and I am rarely bored. God is so sovereign in placing me here, and He seems near. Its so good for my soul.

Currently, its time to kick some butt in basketball for the second night in a row. More updates to come soon! I love you guys.

No comments: