You win some, You lose some

Friday, March 2, 2012

Texas Forever

Howdy Y’ALL!

It’s March 2. Does anyone know what this MEANS?! Does anyone fully grasp the magnitude of this day!?? It’s a holiday, y’all!

That’s right, IT’S TEXAS INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!!

We have Tex-Mex. We have pearl snap shirts. We have cowboy boots. We have Billy Bob’s. We have GEICO commercials. We have Stetson hats and big hair. We have Wranglers. We have warm weather, and awesome tans. We have two steppin’. We have tailgates and BBQ. We have horses and cows. We have pecan trees and bluebonnets. We have Texas Roadhouse and steak and ribs and those freakin awesome rolls with the cinnamon butter. We have PRIDE, TEXAS PRIDE!!!

Today, I am going to celebrate Texas style, because anyone who knows me knows that being a Texan means damn near everything in my book.

Everything is bigger in Texas, and therefore to highlight the awesomeness of that former nation, turned state I plan to stuff my face with chips and salsa and red meat until I can no longer breathe, while humming “Texas, our Texas” and using the word “y’all” as much as humanly possible. I’m wearing my Lone Star State shirt, and I don’t plan on taking it off anytime soon.

TEXAS FOREVERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And remember: “If at first we don’t secede, (we’ll) try try again.”

No comments: