You win some, You lose some

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sick Out

So I got a whiff of my nalgene this morning before filling it up with water. Smelled RANK. This could maybe help to explain the mystery stomach destroying monster disease that left me in the fetal position for all of last week. I mean ‘sick’ is one thing, but HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THINGS HUMANS SHOULD NEVER EXPERIENCE, “viral gastroenteritis” has totally and completely owned me and my digestive system. I just whimpered and cried and begged it for mercy. Street cred: not established.

I puked at work last Tuesday and haven’t been the same sense. I have become very well acquainted with my bathroom and with severe dehydration from the sheer inability to keep fluids in my body. Guys…I know this is graphic, but seriously death was at my doorstep.

So I haven’t been running. No updates there. Back to square one of endurance. Murder me.

I made it back to the full time job with wobbly knees, and back to track practice this week. I love Valor. I love coaching. I love my little athletes, who wanted to kill me on Monday after I made them run 200s. I told them it could have been 400s and to suck it up. And then I hugged them and told them jokes while they panted for air. It feels good to be back in the world of athletics.

The Colorado weather lately hasn’t made it very easy to be outside though, what with the 80mph winds and frigid temperatures and constant threat of snow. I am about ready to suggest that Colorado take notes from the Texas springtime. If anyone could put me in touch with someone who has that authority, I would really appreciate it.

As a summary, things here are fabulous! It is sunny today. Bethany is back in full force and Behnke, Karla, Lee and I are going snowboarding this weekend. God is doing some big things in my life that involve huge massive potential changes for me in the next 6 months. I am beyond excited about it, and just giddy at how creative the God I serve really is. Can I get an AMEN?

Someone congratulate Beef on her new house in her new city in her newly married life. Give her a big hug for me, Dallas. She just made you THAT much better, and prettier, and funnier as a metroplex.

Someone please buy Megan’s puppies so she can stop torturing us with their cutesy puppy pictures. Baby golden retrievers make everyone think they need a puppy. Even people like me who want nothing to do with that kind of responsibility.

Someone please tell my littlest sister that her stripper long hair is to be treasured, and that layers are the answer – not a trim. LONG HAIR, DON’T CARE!

Someone tell Bethany congratulations on her new job as a NURSE! High five her for being baller status. And if you get sick, please ask me for directions to her newly acquired hospital of employment. She will make you feel better and I’ve heard she lets you drink chai tea lattes in the waiting room.

Someone say hi to Texas for me. I miss it and all the lovely people who live there.

Someone hit me with a jolt of caffeine, I’m off to hang out with High Schoolers!

Keep it classy people. See you on the flipside.
PS. ITS LEAP DAY!!!!!!!! I CANT POST ON THIS DAY AGAIN FOR 4 YEARS!!!! SOMEONE DO A DANCE, DO SOMETHING CRAZY....THIS KIND OF STUFF DOESNT HAPPEN EVERY DAY, OR HELL, EVEN EVERY YEAR!!!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Well Texas misses you back! Glad you're feeling better these days. Would love to hear more about your coaching adventures! And I love "long hair, don't care" - haven't cut mine at a salon in more than a year. I am my own barber. LOVE IT. LOVE YOU