You win some, You lose some

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Snow Day

Yesterday morning I woke up to 9 inches of beautifully fluffy snow outside my window. First came disgust at the thought having to drive in that cold mess, so I called the job to make sure I wasn’t the only one making the trek to the office. When I reached the voicemail message telling me that our office was closed, I cannot explain to you my excitement and relief. I could have cried. I snuggled down in my covers and drifted back to sleep with a sigh of thankfulness.

The morning consisted of a lazy homemade breakfast and then a warm cup of tea with my roomies. We did some crafting and planned to sit on the porch watching the snowflakes continue to fall. It was a glorious beginning of my first adult snow day. And in case you were wondering, it feels just the same as it did back when schools were closed due to weather. The purest form of joy.

Later in the day, we went for a walk in the 2 feet of snow and played and wrestled and ran. And explored. The snow was perfectly soft and the park was unspeakably gorgeous, covered in a layer of white and oh so very quiet. Serenity. The rest of the night consisted of making a fire and reading scripture out loud while warming our toes, making dinner (thanks Lee) and eating around the table. We watched maybe the worst movie ever (which is a pretty big declaration since Ryan Gosling was the main character), but capped the night off playing Phase 10 and reading the Hunger Games. Spending the workday at home with lovely friends is my favorite kind of Friday. And now it’s Saturday. So we get to do the whole thing all over again. Jesus, be glorified!

Snow days are the newest addition to my list of things that make me oh so terribly happy. Here is some photo documentation of our Friday in the blizzard.



No comments: