You win some, You lose some

Friday, March 16, 2012

Sunny in Colorado

OKAY, COLORADO! The 65+ weather all week has started to make up for some of the insanity that was this winter. I am regaining some composure and respect for the weather in this state. Until Sunday when it is supposed to snow again when I will once again be forced to shake my fist at the sky and scream “WHY?!”

But for the time being, we are really enjoying as much time as possible in the great outdoors. We have played whiffle ball and Frisbee. We even ventured to K-Mart (an institution that I didn’t know still existed, seeing that my last trip there was with my mom at age 5 on the Arkansas side of Texarkana. AKA: Sketchville, USA) and bought a football and a basketball. (Lee bought both, I 'forgot my wallet.') Both of which are glow in the dark. And by "glow in the dark", the packaging meant “doesn’t glow at all, but is cheaply constructed.” But you win some and you lose some, and although neither sports item actually glows, they have provided hours of outdoor entertainment.

I would like the Internet to know that I beat Lee at HORSE. Making me the reigning HORSE champion. I will confidently opt out of any re-matches.

Still coaching track & field, and loving every minute. Especially the minute that I get to leave my full time job, and spend the rest of my day outside in the sun with funny High Schoolers.

On a more depressing note, I am starting to own up to the identity. Seriously, in real coach fashion, I ran basketball drills last night with Karla at the river court . (*Please note: There is no river nearby, it’s actually just a typical park court…but in keeping with One Tree Hill lingo, we will henceforth only refer to it as the river court.) Anyways, God love her, Karla is getting better and better at basketball. She can now walk and dribble at the same time and also knows what a crossover is. She also now knows what to do if she gets a rebound, and we talked about what it means to double dribble. She is making leaps and bounds of progress. I also bought new aviators, wear warm up suits more than I’d like to admit, and I tend to swing my stopwatch around my hand back and forth while loudly chewing gum. And with that, I am yet one step closer to cutting my hair cut to two inches, getting frosted tips, and being mildly overweight forever. I need to pump the brakes on the coach persona. IMMEDIATELY.

I like to think I that play pretty good pranks. Hell, who am I kidding? I play great pranks. The latest of which was saran wrapping the toilet of my nemesis. I snuck into his house and I saran wrapped his toilet. To my delight, I received a text this morning saying “I am going to come at you with the fury of 1000 cats” which, obviously, made this the best day of my week by far.

Someone offered me a mimosa this morning, as a typical gesture on a Friday at my full time job. But seeing that I have given up all beverages outside of water for lent (least thought through decision of my life)…I had to respond negatively. In order to get a laugh, I instead chose to respond: “Um, thanks but I’m a little more country than that.” Because why not use Eastin Corbin’s lyrics in everyday conversation?!? Turns out…architects do not have the anticipated sense of humor that I was looking for. So I dropped that line of awesome to no avail. Whatever, I still high fived myself. I still got it, y’all, I STILL GOT IT.

Ah. Its 4PM. I gotta get out of here.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

mimosa's hardly constitute a beverage outside of water... they are, in fact, "healing water" and should be referred to as such from here on out... ally i adore you but i am disappointed in the decision to say no to a MIMOSA. God's creation. sad.