You win some, You lose some

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Livin' the Dream

You guys. This seriously happened. No joke. The Mountain Winter Olympics were last weekend. The idea is that there are teams of 4 (2 boys, 2 girls) and each team is represented by a country. The best costumes to represent the country get the most amount of points. And each country participates in winter sports like sled pulls, choreographed ice skating, relays, and snowboarding/skiing. There was even a State of the Union speech that each country had to give. My little crew represented Vatican City. The smallest country in the world. And needless to say, THEY. NAILED. IT.

Lee was the pope. THE POPE! That is hilarious. I need to give Lindsay all due credit for the creation of the treasure that was the nunnery robes. They definitely had best costumes, and they only came in 2nd overall by 1 measly point. They easily would have won had Lee been able to even stand up on the ice in his ice skates. Or had he not puked during tug of war. But hey, second place ain't so bad.

In other news, I have come to grips with not looking good while working out. I have come to this peace about it because…if I looked good working out, I am 99% sure that I would not be working out. So here’s to looking better with time, but never good enough to skip the gym completely. Because I really need the endorphins, so I don’t have to do hard drugs in order to cope with stress. Seriously though, some days I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and am so shocked at my haggard reflection that I mutter “aw hell” aloud. Sometimes that happens in the bathroom which presents me with an awkward situation when I didn't know there was someone in the stall who was going to come out around the same time as I said it. Love a good bathroom encounter with a stranger.

Here’s what my life looks like on afternoons during the hot flashes in Colorado. Two words: whiffle ball.

Karla, Behnke, and I were all pretty much on the same page about the sport. Mildly serious about at least making contact with the ball, but not destroyed with a "swing and a miss!" Turns out, though, contrary to popular belief Lee doesn’t suck at baseball. Despite our best attempts at softball chanting and intense criticism, we are still usually chasing home run status balls in right field (he’s a lefty) during his entire “at bat”.

He could maybe go pro in the whiffle ball realm. I, on the other hand, am going to need to find other ways of making quick cash.-

Cue my latest “Get Rich Quick” Notable Idea: Sell myself as a nemesis.

That’s right. I saw an ad posted on craigslist where a guy is willing to pay $350 for someone to ”Steal my parking space, knock my coffee over, trip me when I'm running to catch the train and occasionally whisper in my ear, “Ahha, we meet again”. That kind of thing. Just keep me on my toes.” I’m not sure if I wanna be his nemesis or girlfriend.

With March right here in our faces, now might be an appropriate time to start planning your spring break. Oh wait. We’re adults. The most tragic truth of all time culminated this morning when I had to file my taxes by myself. Looks like spring break this year will be less beaches and bad decisions and more movies at home and going to sleep early.

Anyways, it’s getting warmer, and that is directly proportional to my getting happier. Then again, winter is a crazy B and it’s never over till its ova. Which for Colorado is around ….June. Curses.

No comments: