You win some, You lose some

Saturday, January 22, 2011

No Strings Attached

So last night I went to dinner and a movie with my frans from Colorado. The dinner was good, and the movie was “No Strings Attached”. The script reads something like Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher trying to keep a relationship purely physical, and not get any more serious than that. Hence the title.

I am not going to lie, I am always up for a cheesy chick flick. Guilty pleasure? I am fairly positive that its not something I really want to boast about that I can completely zone out, letting my mind drift into the lives of the easy to love characters in films such as this. Especially romantic comedies. However, I usually snap back into reality, writing off every chick flick I see as unrealistic and promptly move on with my life.


However on this go around, the story about a girl who has commitment issues and freaks out, taking immediate and hasty drinks from a milkshake any time the conversation goes past hobbies or favorite restaurants and the guys begins a DTR was a little close to home. Dagger. (minus the sex part….)


I would probably openly admit that I have commitment issues in relationships, but I like to think that its just because I haven’t met Mr. Right if you know what I’m saying. Although I will boldly proclaim that my issues are minor compared to Natalie Portman’s character in the story. Regardless, I’m not lying when I say that I sighed a sigh of relief when (SPOILER ALERT) the commitment issues girl finally does fall in love and they “live happily ever after”. A little hard to relate with, since its Ashton Kutcher who is pursuing her. But that’s neither here nor there, and I’m happy to report that even Cinemark thinks there is hope for me (and any other relationally challenged people) still.

No comments: