You win some, You lose some

Monday, June 28, 2010

Denver: Success!

Since I blogged last, I have hung out and said goodbye to all my high school friends, taken a trip to Lampe, MO to see friends from Kanakuk and hang out behind the gates of K2, said goodbye to Savannah, and said goodbye to my entire family. Talk about emotional overload.

However, after a VERY LONG 18 hour drive, (broken up into two days) I finally made it to Denver. Hello next six months in the greatest state in America! I left my family early Saturday morning to make the grueling trek to Amarillo, Texas to stay with my friend Ashton who was my best friend all through Middle School. We had a lot of fun just catching up, even though I was only there for about 18 hours total. We took a walk around the neighborhood and played on a nearby playground for an hour or so because my legs had been cramped in a car all day long and I wanted to get outside and run/walk/climb. It was perfect, and just like the good old days with little Ash. A perfect way to spend my Saturday night. Then we watched a movie and I was asleep on the couch before anyone could even snap their fingers.




10 AM the next day marked the beginning of the journey through the Panhandle, New Mexico, and FINALLY into Colorado! I was on the phone with Beef as I crossed the state line into my new home and we both cheered! It was really a great moment. Throughout the drive, I had the windows down jammin' to some tunes, and broke up the monotany with some Matt Chandler and phone calls to my bests. Everyone has been so encouraging.

I pulled up to Alex Buth's house around 6:00PM, your time. (An old friend from kamp who just became a new Denver friend!) It was actually on 5:00PM because somewhere along the way I transferred into the Mountain Time Zone. LEGIT. Alex helped make my first night in Denver memorable and SO MUCH FUN. I love this city. Also God has just LAVISHED his love on me by placing lots of old friends here in town. Molly Monnett, a kamp friend from when I was a KAMPER 6 years ago, is going to have dinner with me this week. She was a princess and I look up to her alot. She is one of the most awesome and rock solid girls I know. On top of that there are about 4 other kamp friends who have contacted me this week saying that they too are in Denver. It is going to be like a Kamp reunion!!! Fabulous. God is providing in ways that I didnt know possible, and I cant even wait to see what he accomplishes in me over the next few months.

Today is my first day of YWAM and its about time to start showering and getting ready! I am nervous and excited (still) and I CANT WAIT to begin this journey! Pray with me that God would be sovereign in my life and in my thoughts. I want to do everything in HIS name for HIS glory!! I feel a sense of peace knowing that I am being obedient to His call even though this is a big step for me and I am sensing some fear of the unknown. But with the Lord on my side, what do I have to fear?? Also I would like to say a thank you to my encouraging friends and family that have been so affirmative throughout this entire process of prayer and action. I feel so very blessed to have people like Becca who is faithful to send me rock solid truth in times of desperation. Things are looking up, people! I will keep you posted! Until then, wish me luck!

No comments: