You win some, You lose some

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Random Updates

Outside my window at work, little raindrops of mercy that we have so desperately prayed and begged for are falling on Colorado. Seeing my beloved little home up in flames is too much for my heart to handle. Texas last year, and now Colorado. Please pray with me for more and more rain, knowing full well that God holds every droplet in every cloud in his hands, and also for all of the families whose homes have been destroyed because of this fire.

I have officially told my full time job that I am leaving at the end of July, and therefore I can now relay the message to you, faithful blog readers.

God has really been doing something special here in the life of Ally lately. And I will give you a glimpse into all of the magic that’s been happening. First of all, I have the opportunity to work at the (part time job) FULL TIME! Yes and AMEN! I will be doing Student Life through the Fellows Program at Valor next year, and also participating in the missions program! (And still coaching track & field.) God has been so good throughout the entire process of a major career change, and I cannot wait to see all of the opportunities that he provides in and through this transition! Ready to act like I am 15 again, and party like its 1999 with my fellow Fellows: Addie, Brian, and Greg. Their introductions will come later. When I meet them.

Please pray for me as I prepare my heart to minister to high schoolers on a DAILY basis!

What else is going on?

Well. Savannah’s back! She just completed a year-long mission trip called the World Race (google it) and has FINALLY once again graced the US with lots of color and too many bracelets. She has returned with minimal hair and a new tattoo, both of which are the least shocking things to happen in our friendship thus far. WELCOME HOME, SAV! We are OH so happy that you are back.

Mumford and Sons is coming to RED ROCKS! So help me if I cannot get tickets to that concert, I will pick up my shovel, dig a very large hole and throw myself in it.

Last night as I was serenading myself with the last part of the song that I was listening to in the car, I stopped to unlock my door, only to look over and see my housemate standing there. It is in that moment when one truly realizes where their level of confidence is at. Mine is at a zero with an audible “AW HELL”.

I’ve been working out again. It was time to get my crap together, assuming I have made a personal goal in my life to not be obese. Time to put down the chips and salsa and pick up the dumbbells. Anyways Bethany conned me into signing up for crossfit and let me tell you….CROSSFIT IS A BUNCH OF….BALONEY. {Full disclosure: your grandma and I are teaming up to bring "That's Baloney!" back as an expression}. These crossfit people are psycho and they lift massive amounts of weights while I stand in the back with 10 lbs, sweating like I am guilty. It lasts for an hour, and then I usually can’t walk for 4 days. It hurts so good.

Carson and Roman are officially Aggies! THE NERVE of them growing up so fast!

Really looking into a vacation during my time off in between careers there in that sacred last week of July. Anybody got any ideas for where I could find a beach?? For CHEAP. Because I got 99 problems, but a beach ain’t one.

And with that…I’m embarrassed and out.

No comments: