You win some, You lose some

Monday, April 18, 2011

One Year

Today my little blog turns 1 year old. Thats right people, I have a toddler blog. I love it even more today than I did when it first was born on an (EXTREMELY) lonely night of boredom last spring. Its been alot like raising a kid or a dog, except nothing the same like it doesnt poop or bark or scream. Anyways I love this blog, and would love for everyone to wish it the happiest first birthday.

Honestly, this year came and went alot faster than I thought it would. There are a plethora of things that have happened in the year of this blog's life and a few are the following: I floated the river with two of my bests and came up with more inside jokes than I have had in my entire life. I traveled to Waco, to Austin, to College Station, to Texarkana, to Galveston, to Dallas, to Texarkana, to Denver, to Colorado Springs, to Amarillo, to Panama, to Costa Rica, to Houston, to Kansas City, to Little Rock, to Texarkana, to Boulder. Modern Family became the best TV show on air. I went to a counselor for the first time, it bombed, I got a new counselor two months later and and really began to see grace in restoration. I moved in with a family who has two small children who I love as my own. I had a dance party in a shack on the beach with 6 girls whom I love. I smashed a pumpkin but missed Halloween. I had a dance party in the street and rocked out to the Backstreet Boys. I went to Kansas City and cried all the way home. I surprised my mom by coming home early. I got discouraged at my inability to fix myself or my problems. I surprised Becca by showing up in College Station unexpected. I got a job. I took hip hop classes and realized that hip hop might be my passion in life. I met Sarah Nash, Kelsea Leacox, Erin Rummage, Kristin Iehl, Blair Whitley, Adam McLure and a few more. I learned about the Lord in greater depths than I knew possible and took a total of 183 pages of notes in 3 months. I spent an entire month at the lake in Arkansas with my High School friends and realized that I will probably always have a small crush on my best guy friend, Brent. Udi's Cafe was discovered and my mouth said yes, and my bank account said otherwise. I met the Lord in more of a real way than ever before, and experienced his presence. I went on a date. I got a pen pal who doubles as my best friend. I had 7 roommates in a tiny room with no air conditioning in the summer. I was introduced to Jump Street. I let my hair grow out and then cut it off. I wept with a friend who's world was shattered. I almost died in a canoe. I swam in the Pacific Ocean. I swam in the Caribbean Ocean. I laughed with my sister. And then with her friends who I claim as my own. I got to see missed friends and realized that relationships make your life worth it. I recorded 47 videos on my flip. I ended a friendship horribly, and still don't know what the Lord is doing in my broken heart. I still pray for said friend relentlessly without cease. I painted to raise money. I learned how to fix my car when it broke down every other week and then gave up and got a new car. I attempted to like coffee and failed miserably and decided to stick with tea. I drove in a snowstorm. I heard the voice of the Lord. I found that old friends get sweeter every year. I went hiking and camped on a mountain. I ate at Larkburger. I got better at snowboarding. I stole a pack of gum. I held a baby who lived beside the river in a tent. I learned Spanish fairly well and got prideful about my communication skills. I did a dance in the middle of Panama City and then told people about Jesus. I discovered the worth of a friendship and got even closer to the friends that I put massive amounts of miles between by moving far away. I made good and bad decisions. I learned that laughter makes everything better, without prayer I'm useless, and that I can do nothing apart from the Lord.

And hopefully I documented most of that via my toddler blog. Happy 1 year to you, little blog.

No comments: