You win some, You lose some

Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 14

Today is a special day for the following reasons:

1. Today marks the birth of my oldest co-brother, Kaleb/Kabe/KBB/Kaberooski, (SHOUT OUT) who is turning 21 years old; the second in our family to make the plunge into adulthood. At 252 months his stats are as follows: He is 6’1 and wears a size 11 shoe and is currently in his Junior year at the great Texas A&M University. He is the trendiest of all of our family members and sometimes gets mistaken for Zac Efron which he hates. He is a movie enthusiast and I always ask him for advice on which movies to see/not see. I really think he should pursue a career in working for the Texas Rangers in some form or fashion because he loves baseball more than I love sleep. Kabe grew up as my partner in crime and co-ruled the “big kids” group during our adolescence. Anyways, let’s all take a second to applaud him for turning the big 2-1 on this great 14th day of April.

2. Today is the first day that I have escaped from my room in the basement since being diagnosed with this sickness. I currently have the black lung (better known as severe (acute) bronchitis) and have been bed-ridden for the past 3 days. And while I still sound like the Lockness Monster anytime I speak, I am happy to say that I am at work today, although looking only a little better than death walking. I can almost assure you that none of my co-workers have come within a 5 ft. radius of me today. #overachiever

3. I found some Matt Chandler sermons that I have not heard from a recent conference he spoke at. BONUS.

4. I get to watch the newest episode of Modern Family (the television phenomenon which is the ultimate example of God’s grace and love for me) tonight, thanks to HULU.

5. I am currently on a sugar high from all of the Ricola cough drops I have consumed today (a whole bag). And if it wasn’t for the fact that my whole body was aching from pain, I would do a little dance in those tiny drops of salvation’s honor. However, anytime that I so much as glance down at my Ricola cough drop bag, that stupid man from Switzerland screaming RIIIICOLLAAAAA comes into my mind and I immediately swirl into a rage. But seeing that my throat feels like I swallowed razors today, I am going to keep on popping these drops like they are candy. And crank up the music in my headphones so as to silence that Swedish douche bag.

Happy April 14th, bloggers!

No comments: