You win some, You lose some

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Outreach Preparation

An excerpt from our favorite lame dance: Shackles.

Hahaha, I cannot help but die laughing every time I see this. This performance might have been our worst one ever, but cut us some slack...NONE of us are dancers. Except maybe Erin.

And I cut it off in the middle of the dance bc the second half is just embarrasing so that's why the music skips there at the fade out.

And just a little taste of El Fuego:

Yes...I get to do the boy's role in the partner stuff, shocking huh? What's really funny is if you ask us how we remember these steps. I mean it doesnt look hard, but on the contrary.... All of us were athletes and so we have to have key phrases and sound effects to help us with sequence. Amongst these key words are: shark fins, high five, salsa, cuddle, snaps, explode, and "walk in a circle". You can actually hear me announce the next move in Shackles when I say "Jump Step Clap" and again when we say "Fire and Rain". HA the past few days have been the funniest days of my life. And I have further realized why I quit dance in the 3rd grade. We have started to pray before bed that God would make us better dancers for outreach, but regardless my calves and butt freaking HATE ME.

We have like 3 other dances--which I might add are FULL LENGTH songs. Its no wonder we need some kind of help remembering what is next. Plus like 8 skits, puppet shows for the kiddos, and dramas and testimonies. THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL AN ACTION PACKED WEEK.

So its time for bed because we have practice again tomorrow, and then we are going on a hike at Hanging Lakes:

Life is good in Colorado. Until next time :)

No comments: