You win some, You lose some

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Weekend Crew Adventures

My weekend crew (self titled “final four” or “fantastic four” or whatever other awesome nickname we come up with because we are the boss of us) consists of my two roomies, Behnke and Kar (SHOUT OUT), and our next door neighbor, Lee. Lee has become our absolute BFF. He is seriously the best, and has better taste in music than most guys I have ever met. He also has the most witty and sarcastic responses to everything. A real life hero, y’all. Lee is a fabulous comedian/MAD-GAB master who lives in the body of an unsuspecting 30year old “land man.” Oh, and to top things off, Lee has 3 first names. All he does is win.

Let me tell you some of his most memorable statements:

1. Scene: Interstate I-70 got closed because of a semi truck accident (SHOCKER, they are the bane of my existence on Colorado Highways) and so we had to take a detour around the accident, which from a distance looked like a UFO had landed. I digress. Anyways Lee, frustrated with our set back, exclaimed “Semi truck accident?! We gotta get them off of the roads guys. There has got to be another form of transportation to deliver goods or whatever. I mean shouldn’t America be beaming shit up by now? It’s 2012 for crying out loud. Humanity needs to get it together.” So, obviously, we died laughing while detouring down the back roads of Eagle, Colorado.

2. Lee made the comment that the hot, cold, hot, cold weather was probably a result of Mother Nature going through menopause. Hot flashes and all. I agree whole heartedly.

3. Lee, (and the rest of our crew) likes to add the word “ole” before everything. A few the best ones have included “ole tape pants” and “ole beer jacket.” It’s probably my favorite going tradition right now.

This weekend the crew headed up to Vail, Colorado to ski/snowboard in a foot of fresh powder. It was some kind of glorious, people. Too fabulous for words. We felt like we were floating down the mountain, and upon falling (many times) giggled because landing in fresh powder is equivalent to landing in a tub of marshmallows. We also visited the Glenwood Springs hot springs, and the massive sulfuric hot tub was the only reason any of us could walk on Sunday. We topped the night off playing Catch Phrase and Mad Gab and playing music on my speakers at the Residence Inn Hotel. Then we skied all day the next day, until we were unable to stand and on the verge of tears from muscle cramps. Mexican food and football, and we headed back home. Listen people, you don’t get a better weekend than that.

We have come to the conclusion that every single weekend is the best weekend we have ever had. God has just really been phenomenally gracious to us. We listened to a podcast on the way to the mountain on Sunday and just took joy in the Lord’s grace and mercy towards us. I am unbelievably happy and grateful to be living such an adventure of a life.

In other news, I was offered a part time coaching job, coaching track & field at Valor Christian High School, which is a phenomenal institution that I am excited to be a part of. God really provided a way for me to pursue my passion of hanging with teenagers, and combined it with athletics. I am hoping it will be a lot like being a Kanakuk counselor except that I get to remain sleeping indoors with air conditioning and I also do not have to take timed showers. AMEN! I cannot be more thankful for all of the friends and family that prayed alongside me as this opportunity has unfolded.

Still reeling over the lack of wedding festivities that I have going on in my life right now. Anyone want to get married and allow me to be a part of your wedding?? Beef…you want a re-do?

Anyone excited for the Super Bowl rematch, Manning vs. Brady? Giants vs. Patriots? Honestly, I don’t care who wins since neither the Cowboys or the Broncos are playing, but I’m going to passively root for the Patriots and more obviously become a commercial critic while overanalyzing commercials that sold for more money that the entire continent of Africa’s annual income!! Also planning to eat as unhealthy as humanly possible! Go Patriots!

Until next time, can we all agree that it’s about time to start bringing back the bumper sticker app on Facebook? E-cards are the best things to happen to America since the Internet.

No comments: