You win some, You lose some

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Here's to the Holidays

Texas for the holidays was nothing short of phenomenal. Boasting 60+ degree weather and sunny skies, the south did not let me down as far as weather goes. Hugging Becca Feagin made it seem like she had never left, and I didn’t even mind staying up until 4AM talking to my long lost best friend. A day in Dallas and it was back to the Shady T, which I secretly love even though sometimes it seems like the worst place ever. In stark contrast, I spent the Christmas days with the greatest family on earth. We laughed a lot and ate too much and celebrated the birth of Jesus, praising the rightful son of God.

After Christmas, we spent our days outside and our nights on the couch watching movies and eating grilled duck that Roman had shot and Kaleb had cooked. I made the hot cocoa pictured above. Beautiful, eh? We sat outside by the fire with blankets and played with the pups. We watched Friends and House and Modern Family, we played catch, and we enjoyed every minute. I really love the people God blessed me with as family. We are a crazy bunch of lunatics who have so much fun together.

Then came the Royal Wedding Festivities as we kicked off BEEF’s Wedding Celebration. Forrester’s and Earnest’s everywhere, we began the shindig with a Couples Shower to which I wore a lace dress which is easily the girliest thing I own. High school friends came and all the wedding party and we toasted to the happy couple over and over again. The bridal luncheon was fabulous, and the rehearsal dinner was the most exceptional meal of my life, sitting around a rustic table with some of the greatest people I know, the night fully equipped with decorations straight from a magazine. I only hope to love a boy as much as Beef loves Dustin. And I pray that said boy loves me like Dustin loves her back.

The day of the actual wedding, the bridesmaids and house party showed up quite a bit early to dance around the bridal room and listen to music while professionals made us look beautiful. We were primped all day long, and I’ll be honest with you – that is the best my hair and make-up have ever looked. I would have called myself a princess until Beef walked in with the most stunning wedding gown that I have ever laid eyes on, to date. Beef really is the most beautiful of all girls. She really is the queen of teen, and she was the queen of New Years Eve as well. We all really had to concentrate on picking our jaws up off the ground as we fastened her veil to her head. Her mom, Terr1For held it together better than I could have ever expected of her, but the dress really got her. Honestly, that dress was some kind of spectacular. It really got all of us, and the tears began then. We held our white roses and we took pictures at the Perot Theatre and just tried to take it all in. From there, we took more pictures and laughed and fixed Beef’s train again and again. We toasted with Champagne and we all had to fix our eye make-up as we watched an in-love Beef read a letter from her handsome fiancĂ© and soon to be husband right before the big moment. Love is painfully beautiful, I tell you. We wiped our eyes, and hugged the bride a few million times and made our way down the aisle before her, but not before saying a prayer over their sweet marriage, pleading for peace and for steady feet (for me). And then we stood there confidently, me a little too much “all-smiles” (you’ll thank me for that on the video, Beef) but I honestly was beaming as I took my place two feet away from my best friend I have known since childhood. They said their vows, and my cheeks were aching from all the smiling, but it was all just so perfect, you know?
At the reception we danced until we could dance no more. We wobbled, and we jumped and we laughed. We ate cake and watched fireworks and celebrated the beginning of a new year, while celebrating the beginning of a marriage and life for our dear friends. And we kissed them goodbye as they left on their honeymoon. Truly the most amazing wedding I have ever attended. Beef, your efforts all year long were not in vain – it was utterly perfect. Contratulations again to my best friend forever, Mrs. Brittany Earnest.I spent that night catching up with my surpisingly in-tact group of friends from High School. Laughing uncontrollably, and finally falling asleep in a chair with Emily Middleton. No where I would have rather been.

The remainder of the break I spent with my family, running errands, watching shows, learning to crochet. You know, the usual.

Overall it was one of my favorite times to be in the Lone Star State.
I hope all of you had similarly exciting holidays, and I hope that 2012 treats you better than ever.

Here is to newness. Here is to beginning again. Here is to the Lord being our only hope for joy, righteousness, and ultimate happiness. Here is to making the best of 2012.

No comments: