You win some, You lose some

Monday, August 23, 2010

Lame Ramblings

Wow its been a really long time since I blogged. Today I feel like there is a wealth of things that I could write about, but none of them are coming to a point in my head. I feel that way a lot lately. Like an influx of knowledge is being put into my head and I don’t know how to process everything.

This past week we had a guest speaker named Fiona Gifford. She was the most revolutionary speaker that I have heard in a really long time. She genuinely made following Christ sound like the funnest thing in the world to do. It wasn’t begrudging submission with her, she spoke nothing about our duty to the Lord. Instead, she just had fun with us. She danced around and was totally okay with making a fool of herself at 53 years old in front of the entire class. She was full of life. She was funny, witty, and slightly sarcastic. She was SINGLE and it was apparent that she was comfortable there. Fiona just enjoys whom God made her, and was totally content living in His love, which satisfies all desires. I loved her. I loved her like she was my own mother. I want to be like Fiona when I am 53 years old. She radiated the glory of God, and it was encouraging to see. I wished that I could just sit and listen to her for the rest of my time here at YWAM.

The topic that she spoke on was “Hearing the voice of God”. It was clear that she had such an intimate relationship with God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit. I have been extremely challenged by her and I learned so much. However, it will be work to not just add this new knowledge to my memory bank but apply it in my life as ultimate truth.

This week Megan was here. I got to spend like every other day with her, keeping in mind that I had to share her with her family. She got to come and experience a day in the life with me on Thursday and heard Fiona speak. She participated in our discussion group and contributed just like she had been there all along. Megan and I got the “Oh, is this your sister?!” question only about 38 times in the 24 hours that she was with me at YWAM. It kind of makes me happy though, seeing that she really is like another sister. We spent time in downtown Denver, and we ate our body weight in yummy food. It was the most precious time with her. Every minute was encouraging. I love that girl, she so points me back to the cross. I hope that I do the same for her. But like every good thing, the week came to an end and I hugged my little friend goodbye at 6:30AM and painstakingly drove away. Goodbyes suck.

This weekend, though, presents another event to look forward to as I will be making the trip back to the homeland. I arrive in Dallas on Thursday night and will get to see Mom and Trudy, Grandmommy, Carson and Roman. I CANNOT WAIT. Then on Saturday, my better than best friend Brittney is making the trek from College Station to meet me in Texarkana. I have never been so excited to see someone in my entire life. I have missed my sister more than ever. I need her closer to me. So I am really anticipating my time at home.

I cant formulate with words any more of the massive amount of thoughts and ideas that are swarming in my mind. Sorry that my blogs have been less than interesting lately. Writers block is owning me lately. Until I find the words, see you soon!

No comments: